Explore Ford Focus used cars for sale with Exchange and Mart - we have a range of models for a range of budgets.
Since its launch in 1998, the Focus has become one of the most popular cars in the Ford collection. Combining a sporty feel with everyday practicality, not to mention the affordable price point, we can see why it’s in such high demand.
Keen to get behind the wheel?
The second-hand market gives you access to quality vehicles that don’t cost the earth. You’ll find thousands of second-hand Ford Focus models in our listings, to buy or finance.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic all-rounder - there could be one for sale in your area.
The Ford Focus - a quick look
- Great value for money
- Family-oriented car
- Wide range of body types and trim levels
- Industry-leading safety features
- Not as spacious as some rivals
Discover a Ford Focus for sale today!
Browse Ford Focus used cars for sale near you
Renowned for being a versatile family car, the Ford Focus is one of the most highly sought-after models on the market. This means that we have plenty to choose from in our online used car listings.
To make things a little easier, you can narrow down your options by using our search filter.
Whether you’re looking for a specific body type or you’re ready to transition to a hybrid model, we’ll find you the best deals that are currently available near you. And to get a better idea of the car on offer, we make our adverts as detailed as possible. No faff, just straightforward car buying.
Start your search today and find a Ford Focus that ticks all your boxes.
Not sure which second-hand Ford Focus to go for? Here’s a quick guide:
From comfort to convertible, there’s a Ford Focus to suit every lifestyle.
To help you with your decision, we’ve put together a list of the main body types available and which driving needs they cater to.
- The Focus hatchback: A popular mid-size family car, the hatchback is a practical choice. With more than enough space for four passengers and easy access to the back seats, it’s suitable for everyday use as well as trips that require extra luggage.
- The Focus estate: Designed with versatility in mind, the estate car offers added space - ideal for weekend adventurers and families with lots of belongings.
- The Focus convertible: Levelling up your driving experience, the convertible is a stylish car that grabs the attention of passers-by. Especially great for sunny days but not the most convenient for everyday life.
Please note that the availability of Ford Focus used models will depend on whether dealerships have them in stock. We also list adverts from private sellers, so it’s worth having a look at them also.
Why we love the Ford Focus
Yes, we’re motorheads with a passion for fantastic cars. But we are also daily drivers on the lookout for convenience, impressive performance, and efficient engines.
At Exchange and Mart, we’re drawn to the Ford Focus - along with nearly every driver in the UK. It’s got all the essentials covered, including strong marks for safety and a high-quality interior.
The drive itself feels balanced, with a focus on efficiency and just the right amount of power. But more than that, the Focus is dynamic on the road, whether you’re navigating city streets or tackling windy country lanes. This gives it a touch more flexibility than the urban-oriented Ford Ka.
You shouldn’t have to blow your savings to buy a car that is sturdy and a pleasure to drive. And with the Focus, you don’t have to!
Grab a bargain with a second-hand Ford Focus for sale.
Top of the class - A practical car for family life
There’s a reason that the Focus has received so many awards, and it’s not just because it’s a Ford.
For a smaller family car, it has an impressive array of features that include a Bluetooth system, power-assisted steering, traction control, and electronic stability control - to name a few. It also has a cutting-edge design that appeals to the modern driver.
Now, let’s get down to the specifics:
- 375 litres of boot space
- Two sets of Isofix mounts for child seats
- Euro NCAP five-star safety rating
- 56 mpg maximum fuel economy for petrol models
- 67 mpg maximum fuel economy for diesel models
One thing to bear in mind is that the boot space in the Ford Focus hatchback is a little below average, especially when compared to the Volkswagen Golf.
If this is a priority, the estate version offers an impressive 575 litres, a boot that sets it above the Ford Mondeo.
Your questions answered
How reliable is a Ford Focus?
Having scored slightly above average for reliability, it’s fair to say that the Ford Focus is a car built for the long run.
Of course, there are several factors that can impact the reliability of a car, including its age, mileage, and maintenance history. Be sure to get all the information you need from the dealer or private seller, as well as taking the car out for a test drive.
What are the issues to look out for with a used Ford Focus?
Generally speaking, used cars from dealerships will be in good condition, as long as they’ve been well-maintained. However, to ensure that you drive away in a reliable Ford Focus, there are a few things to look out for yourself.
- Any signs of corrosion on the exterior (this could include surface rust, bubbling paint, or rust in the wheel wells)
- Any issues with the central locking system
- The cam belt should be changed every 100,000 miles (this can be found under the bonnet)
- During your test drive, double-check the dashboard for any warning or fault signs
How does the Ford Focus compare to rivals for fuel efficiency?
Despite all of its rivals choosing to offer a hybrid, including the Peugeot 308, the Focus continues to come equipped with petrol and diesel engines.
Not ideal for all drivers, but still impressively fuel efficient. This is down to Ford’s EcoBoost mild hybrid (MHEV) technology - improving efficiency through the use of a small electric motor, lithium-ion battery, and regenerative braking