REG NO...WPA963...Often referred to as "the last of the square riggers" the MG TF gained this title due to its very strong resemblance to the pre- war Midgets. Originally launched at the 1953 Motor Show, the TF was greeted with mixed reactions from enthusiasts and journalists alike. The Abingdon engineers, led by Cecil Cousins, it was a model that was sufficiently different from its predecessors and yet continued the traditional T Series classic lines. The end result was a car very pleasing to the eye; interior wise and in keeping with the external modifications, the cockpit layout was quite radically changed to that of its predecessor and formed a comfortable and pleasant place to be. Individually adjustable seats were provided in place of the normal bench type seating and the facia panel was completely new with a welcome return to octagonal instrumentation.